How to Apply for Financial Aid
Middlesex uses Clarity to determine a family’s level of financial need based on the information that families share in the application. Returning families must reapply for financial aid each year; however, barring any significant changes in their financial profile, families can expect approximately the same award from year-to-year. If a family does not apply for aid or qualify for aid upon admission, it is unlikely that the family will receive an aid award in subsequent years, unless there is a significant change in that family’s financial circumstances. In the case of divorce, Middlesex requires that both parents file financial aid forms.
To get started, please go to the Clarity Application and create an account. The application typically takes less than 30 minutes to complete. The Clarity Application is mobile-friendly, so you can complete it from anywhere. You are also able to save your progress and return at any time. At the end of the application, there is a $60 fee to submit, and you can share your application with additional schools that accept the Clarity Application for no additional charge.
If you need support during the process of completing your application, there is in-app support available through the “Help” button in the bottom left of the screen, as well as email and phone support at [email protected] or 206-210-3752, in both English and Spanish. The application itself is also fully translated into Spanish.
Important Dates & Deadlines
• New Students: Financial aid applicants must submit financial materials to us no later than January 15.
• Returning Students: Returning students must submit financial materials to SSS no later than December 15.
• Notification: On March 10, students who are offered admission, and who applied and qualified for need-based aid, will be notified of their award. Returning students are mailed re-enrollment contracts, along with details regarding their financial aid awards, around February 1.
Payment Plan Options
• Two Annual Payments: Due June 30 & November 30.
• Monthly Payment Plan: Ten monthly payments or four quarterly payments beginning May 1. Administered through FACTS.
• Tuition Stabilization Plan: Families may choose to pay the total tuition for their student’s two, three or four years at Middlesex at the tuition rate at the time of original enrollment. Doing so allows families to avoid future tuition increases.
For further information please contact the Business Office at 978-371-6586.